Reader Advisory

Every review I write on this blog, is my opinion and or point of view. I do not claim rights to any book or author I write about. Thanks for viewing!

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Biting Cold/ Widows Web reviews

Biting Cold (Chicagoland Vampires) Book 6
by Chloe Neill


My Rating~ 5 Stars

My Review~
I was very impressed with this book.  I was worried about a few things and I felt that Chloe did a very good job.  First off the story begins as Merit and Ethan are headed to Omaha Nebraska (Since I live in Nebraska this was exciting)  and on the way they run into a character we have learned to hate from previous books.  I really enjoyed each 'fight' scene and even though each time I feel like she could have just ran her blade through the bad guy, it of course was better she didn't.
After some very impressive displays of magic, and a couple very hot weres, the story continues back in Chicago.  I was very satisfied with Mallory's 'punishment' and thought the way Merit handled her friend was perfect. I loved hearing more from Gabriel and can't wait to find out what his premonition is from a few books ago...Jonah is my favorite secondary character who we hardly hear from, but I liked his minor role in this book! :)  Thanks Chloe!
Ethan, Ethan, Ethan.  I was half way happy about our lovable reborn vamp and half way wanting to just punch him a couple times so that he can snap out of his whatever it is. He is a centuries old vamp, yet still had no idea how to trust and love freely without all his little hang ups.  I was a bit disappointed in the 'main affection reveal' (I don't want to spoil anything).  I thought more needed to be said, or maybe just made to be more important.  Otherwise it was well done.
I can't wait for the next book to come out!
Feb. 5, 2013

Chloe also has a YA book trilogy called the Dark Elite

Check out her website, link is above :)

Widow's Web (Elemental Assassin) Book 7
by Jennifer Estep


My Rating~ 5 stars

My Review~
I loved this book!  I was very happy when my city library got the book (I work there so there was squealing when I got to work that day)
(Goodall City Library Elemental Assassin Book Display)
Anyway after I covered the book and it was processed, I took it home and couldn't put it down!  It starts with the best first chapter I have ever read! My jaw dropped and I had to get to the next page ASAP!!! I love Jennifer's writing, I am always super excited to read anything she writes!
After the shock of the first chapter, there was so much tension between Gin and Owen, and you just know something is not right.
I love Owen, he is my abso fav and he beats Donovan ten to one. Well except I wanted to punch him a few times in this book.  I mean come on buddy pull you head out of Selina's A** and look around!  Anyway, I was very happy learning more about Kincaid, and he may be one of my fav characters in this series now, I know I have a lot of fav's but he is pretty awesome!  Finn, what can I say about everybody's favorite womanizer?  He is great in this book, his character is just what we need to lighten up things and put them in perspective!
The ending was very sad, and it makes me nervous for the next book(s).  I hate seeing Gin sad, she is such a strong lovable fierce woman, that it just breaks your heart to see her keep getting kicked.  I mean come on for an Assassin she is pretty nice! ;)

The next book is called Deadly Sting.
March 26, 2013

Jennifer also writes a YA Series called Mythos Academy.

The next book is called Crimson Frost
Dec. 24, 2012


Check out Jennifer's website the link is above :)






1 comment: