I am reading along with other Bloggers, First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones!
Question for first week:
1. Ch 1 – We meet some of Charley’s ghostly “buddies,” do you believe you have ever had a ghostly encounter?
2. Ch 2 – Charley named her jeep Misery. Have you ever named your vehicles? What did you name them?
3. Ch 3 – Charley says her name “…brooks no opposition. It takes shit from no one.” What do you think your name says about you to strangers? Is there a different name that you think would suit you better?
4. Ch 4 – Charley says her best friend Cookie is “like Kramer from Seinfeld, only not so nervous, like Kramer might have been on Prozac.” Give us your best description of your best friend. How would they would describe you?
5. Ch 5 – Garrett is reluctant to believe in Charley’s abilities, how would you react if a friend divulged to you that they can see and speak with the dead?
Answers for first week:
1. Yes, I believe I have. When I lived in Colorado a few years ago my ex and I were watching a show and all of a sudden the room went dark (the lights were already off but the tv went off) then plain as day both him and I saw a ghostly female figure float from our laundry room to our kitchen. It was crazy weird! Then that night I woke in the middle of the night and I thought there was a guy standing over me with a knife, it was super scary, my ex woke me up and I was totally freaked!! They quit after that, so who knows!
2. I have never named a vehicle, but I did name my old iPhone Bob, my new iPhone Charles, and my laptop Mac (not very original considering it is a Mac, but it fits)
3. I love my name! I think it tells people that I am a great listener and I am there for them...which tends to be what happens when people meet me, they automatically want to talk!
4. My best friend is a lot like me. We are both pretty chill. The main difference is she has all the crazy ideas and like a crazy person, I go along with all of them...sometimes not so good!
5. Hmmm this is a hard one, maybe I would be a little skeptical, but then I would at least play along. Once I realize they are dead (hee hee) serious, I would shrug and say alright lets talk with come ghosts!