I am reading along with other Bloggers,
First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones!
Questions Week 3
1. I do have a soft spot for Charley's Aunt Lilian. She is sweet and soft while somehow also being a little dirty and I find that hilarious in an aunt. Do you have any relatives dead or alive that remind you of Aunt Lillian? If not, tell me about your favorite deceased relative.
2. In these chapters, we get a little closer to Reyes and his secrets. Neil, the warden at the prison where Reyes is currently incarcerated - and a high school mate of Charley's - tells a story about how Reyes ended up in the Coma and something he witnessed. What do you think of the story? What does this lead you to think about Reyes?
3. One of the things I love most about Ubie and Charley's relationship is that Ubie aka Uncle Bob has absolute faith in our Charley. Maybe it's because Charley's been solving murder cases for ages and Ubie knows that Charley knows things. If you could pick a super power, which one would you choose? Seeing the dead? Invisibility?
4. Okay, in my opinion, there is nothing better than walking into your living room and seeing the god-like creature of your dreams standing there waiting for you. If you were in Charley's shoes, who would be standing in your living room??
5. We get a surprise visit from Rosie's husband and we find out some information about Reyes...that he and The Big Bad are the same guy. What are your thoughts? Were you surprised about Rosie's husband or did you feel that one coming? What about Bad Reyes, had you already made the connection?
My Answers Week 3~
1. I do sort of have a deceased great aunt like Lillian. She has been gone for almost 15 years now I think, anyway she was a tough bird! She went finishing on oxygen up until about the month before she died (lung cancer) then she even complained she couldn't go while she was on her death bed. In fact the month before she died, she would go and sit in her van at the lake and just sit there because she was too weak to get out to fish. (We put a memorial bench at the lake in her fav spot for her funeral) The reason she reminds me of Lilian, is because she was very well endowed, and she refused to wear a bra, and would tell everyone they were too uncomfortable and she liked to feel free. She even used to comment off hand like that she needed to hoist her girls up...like at a pic-nic table, she set em right there on the table... LOL
2. Well my first thought was Damn, a coma? Then I was like what the crap, he is like BA and can move like a mo fo, so shouldn't he be fine...anyway I thought he is dangerous, but still smokin' hott!
3. I love Ubie too! He is so sweet, anyway I go between reading minds, or being capable of being invisible..either would have its pros and cons, so you know.
4. OH MY GOSH, Alexander Skarsgard, or wait maybe Channing Tatum, oh oh, Vicious from the BDB, no I know Teagan from Midnight breed...Swopes from Charley Davidson, Joe Magienello, Gosh I just can't decide! Can I have a different one fro each day of the week... ;)
5. Okay first time through reading it I made the connection between Big Bad and Reyes, but rosie's husband totally threw me and I admit I felt kinda like Charley did, even if I didn't really know the woman character...wait I am getting ahead of myself, the being shot is what we are talking about, YES that was a shocker, Damn Reyes sever a spine just like *snaps fingers* that!! Plus Charley could have gotten even more hurt!