Reader Advisory

Every review I write on this blog, is my opinion and or point of view. I do not claim rights to any book or author I write about. Thanks for viewing!

Monday, January 30, 2012

Random Book

Okay, so I work at a Library, and occasionally I see a book and it catches my eye.  Tonight I was putting away children's books and this one caught my attention, so I picked it up and read it.
That Book Woman by Heather Henson.

This was a very sweet book written from the perspective of a young boy who watches his sister read all the time.  He doesn't understand why she wants to read so much, and doesn't like it when a stranger with books comes and his father offers to trade berries that the young boy worked to pick, for the books.  I love how this story plays out and sincerely wish for this for many people.

I often have people ask me why I read so much, and most don't understand what I get out of it.  I have even been poked at because I read so much.  I personally don't care; I am not offended when people shake their heads at me.  If only they knew the joy that came from reading they would understand.  I love getting lost in a fictional world, and 'making new friends' with the characters.  I know that is an odd way to describe reading, but I truly get caught up in the lives of the characters.

Now, I know that Vampires are not real. I am not delusional, but I do enjoy reading about them and fantasizing about what it would be like to live in a world of vampires, or werewolves, or fearies, or magic, etc.  Don't get me wrong I don't actively hope for these things, I just enjoy pretending.

Most children play pretend all day long or have imaginary friends; I think that my reading (excessively) is my way of playing pretend, that’s all.  Anyway long story short, read the above book, truly it is a wonderful homage to all the people who love reading!


Tell me of any random books that you have read, and why you think they are special...
Tell me why you love reading...

1 comment: