Reader Advisory

Every review I write on this blog, is my opinion and or point of view. I do not claim rights to any book or author I write about. Thanks for viewing!

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Blackdagger Brotherhood and The Fallen Angels by JR Ward

** There may be slight spoilers in this post, so if you haven't read be aware! **

BDB is my all time favorite vampire series!  I have read many and loved many vampire characters and worlds, but by far this is my true love!  I would like to dedicate a post just for the Brothers and of Course theirs mates, friends, and everything about JR Ward's BDB World!  Let me know who your favorite Brother is, or favorite characters.  Also if you haven't read The Fallen Angels books, do so, she has said that she may combine BDB and the Angels later on.
I found this online and thought it was close!  These guys are HOTT!!

In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York,
there's a deadly war raging between vampires and their
slayers. And there exists a secret band of brothers
like no other - six vampire warriors, defenders of their
race.

The first in the series.  This is Wrath and Beth's book.  We also meet Fritz in this book and seriously I would love to have a Doggen like him.  I was sad when at the begining we just barely meet Darius then all of a sudden, well you know.  (We'll talk about him a bit later)  I was happy though that we get to meet Beth, his daughter and thought it was great that she and Wrath are meant to be.  They make the perfect King and Queen!

This is the second in the series.  This is Rhage and Mary's book.  This book had me laughing and crying and seriously wanting to become part of their world.  I was impressed by the love between the Brothers' when it came to Rhage's 'beast'.  I really like Mary and the entire story is a can't put it down, or I'll seriously die type of read.

Third book in series.  This is Zsadist Bella's book.  I love Zsadist, he is truely the most complex and haunted Brother.  Although both Phury and Vishous give him a run for the title. I was in awe of the amount of emotion between Phury, Bella, Zsadist and all the Brothers.  We also get to see more of Rehvenge whom I think is Bad A**!!  I love the ending especially, I was like crying and clapping and laughing for Z when he finally writes for Bella. Awwww!

Fourth book in series.  This is Butch and Marissa's Book.  I Loved Butch when we first met him in Dark Lover.  He is the perfect addition to the Brotherhood.  I was impressed as Ward spun the story into something I never would have seen coming.  I really like the side story of V and Butch, then adding Marissa, is great.  At first I didn't really like Marissa, but she grew on me and I have read this book more than all the others.

Fifth book in series.  This is Vishous and Jane's book.  I was super excited to see V's book come after Butch's because I was scared that V was going to be left alone...well alone as you can get with a band of Brothers around you.  At the beginning I was super freaked that he was going to be killed off and I would have had to boycott reading any more books, but no fear I was not to be disappointed.  There are so many things happening in this book and the events set the stage for future books.  I am happy to have gotten to know more about V and even more about Butch, the love between them is epic and I loved every second of this book.

Sixth Book in series.  This is Phury and Cormia's book.  This one was a bit slower going for me, but I loved reading about what happened to Phury and the mental issues he was going through.  I thought this was a very hott book because Phury is usually so reserved that seeing him out of that is WOW.  Cormia was great to add in because she is so innocent and perfect in the world that is completely being turned upside down.

Read this next, there are some short stories and more in depth to each Brother.

Seventh book in series.  This is Rehvenge and Elhena's book.  We get to learn about Sympaths and Xhex and WOW there is a lot in this book.  I was on the edge of my seat through this book biting my nails and generally just freaking out!  The events that lead up to figuring out who Rev is and what he and Xhex have done to link to Elhena is mind boggling!  We also get a closer look at both Moors 'shadow brothers' (Trez and iAm) that are Rev's bodyguards/friends.  (They come up in the Fallen Angels series)  I hope that in an upcoming book she explains more of what they are.

Eight book in series. John Matthew and Xhex's book.  This was one huge crazy adventure from start to finish!  I think if I'm not mistaken is one of her longest books too.  The best part of this book is that we finally learn that John Mathew really is Darius reicarnated, and we learn who Xhex really is and meet another Brother (Murhder)  This story is pretty complicated because it includes basically every single character...John is brother/Dad to Beth...mates Xhex who was named by Darius, and raised by Tor, Xhex is taken by Lash which involves Blay, Quinn, and John.  We then meet Xhex's Mom, who technically knows all the Brothers, Business partners/friends/fellow sympath to Rev, friends with Trez and iAm, John looks at Tor like a father figure who then brings in Lassiter (for what we don't know yet) when he re-joins the brothers.  Really there are so many connections I can't even get them all.

Ninth book in series.  Manny and Payne's book.  Another meet more people book, we actually have met Manny and Payne before, but we really get to know them in this book.  I like how once we figure out who Payne is we learn more about V and the Scribe Virgin!  Ward also introduces us to The Band of Bastards.  This is where the Fallen Angels and BDB actually do intertwine a bit more than any of the other books.  This is actually my least favorite of them all I felt like it was just a bit rushed, but otherwise I'm still a HUGE fan of the BDB!!

Tenth book in Series, Tohrment's book set to be released on March 27, 2012

Seven deadly sins. Seven souls to save. This is the first battle between a savior who doesn't believe and a demon with nothing to lose!
Pictures listed in order...the fourth book, Rapture, is set to come out in September 2012.

These books are about a game being played between heaven and hell or God and the Devil.  Jim is the player who is supposed to make the best choice (for good) to be able to save the entire world.  He is helped along by two fallen angels, Adrian and Eddie, (which has a tragic turn in Envy) while fighting against Devina i.e. evil incarnate.

For more in depth information check out JR Wards' website!

Let me know your thoughts about these books!!! :)

1 comment: